Knowing your target audience is crucial for any type of business – the iGaming industry included. Casino operators try different promotional and technical methods to succeed. However, before you can create a certain strategy, you have to know who you want to attract and who are your potential leads.
Additionally, more and more people are paying closer attention to the profitable market of online casinos. That’s why many new players and casino operators appear on the horizon every day. But with its rising popularity, it’s pretty difficult to stay afloat and differ from the competition. Let’s see how you can segment your target audience for better results.
How To Find The Target Audience of Your Casino
- Segment Them By Motivation
First, you must understand why certain people play on your platform. Different players have different motivations, and it’s important to know all about it because this way, you can understand how many are regular players and how many are occasional.
Regular players are professional gamblers who like the process of playing and have a clear mechanism for every game type. Most of them use casinos as a main source of income. However, they carefully choose their online casino software, so only quality platforms with appealing offers and design can attract them.
Occasional players, on the other hand, visit online casinos for fun. They can be less experienced and spend more on your platform. However, occasionally, players choose their casinos randomly and can leave you forever after playing once.
- Segment Them by The Game Type
There are various types of casino games. Similarly, different players prefer different games and slots. This means that you have a great chance of segmenting them by their favorite games and targeting them separately.
There are several segments of audiences when you separate them by game types:
- Card and table games: all non-slot games like poker, roulette, blackjack, and others can be included in this segment. Generally, the conservative side of the players prefers to play those games.
- Classic fruit slots: favorite of traditional players. Those slots and uncomplicated and have a simple design – just what the old school likes.
- Modern slots: every slot that differs from classic ones can be included here. Usually, the younger generation prefers those types of slots, as they are more into video games, 3D slots, and various customization options.
- Segment Them By Demographics
Demographics are used everywhere: this is the simplest way for segmenting. When using demographics, you can group your audience by age, gender, income, and many other characteristics.
According to research, there are three main groups for casinos:
- Younger generation: no matter their income, younger individuals use casinos not only for income but also for fun.
- Middle-aged people with low income: those with lower income are more likely to play casinos to increase their financial situation
- Middle-aged individuals with high income: those who have high income like to play casinos for fun and out of curiosity. It’s more like a skill than a source of income for this group.
Segmentation is vital for every market. You can’t plan the right offers without understanding your target audience. When it comes to online casinos, segmenting your target audience is easier than it seems. There are several segments you have to consider. We have included the three most important ones in our article. Hopefully, they will help you find your audience easier.