A lot of people nowadays prefer having their own little universe. What is the best way to do that? Start an online business! But even if this seems easy at a first glance, it actually requires a lot of dedication, effort, and patience in order for your online presence to grow and attract more customers.
One of the ways you can do that is by using storytelling. It’s no wonder that not all of us are writing wizards, but there are still some tips and tricks you can follow in order to master the art of storytelling or at least employ it in your own online business. Here are three tips that will tell you how to increase online presence.
Tip 1: Understand the Influence
The crucial step on your long journey is to understand the importance of online presence. Until you acknowledge the fact that your business cannot grow properly unless you develop it and invest in it, you won’t be able to actually profit from it.
Storytelling will help you build your own brand that will be both recognizable and attractive. Storytelling will show your audience that your brand:
- Is recognizable: The story you tell your customers will make them want to recommend it to other people which will, in turn, increase your audience. Eventually, your brand will gain popularity. Storytelling will be the key tool in this endeavor.
- Can be trusted: Trust is the key element of every relationship, even one between you and your clients. They want to know that you are reliable. Every brand strives to build a healthy relationship with their clients to have them come back for more.
- Offers high-quality goods or services: This point is directly related to the previous one. Your buyers will come back if they trust you, but for them to trust you, you must show that you value quality more than anything.
- Lives up to expectations: Last but not least, the story of your brand will correspond to what you offer. This way, potential customers will know what to expect from you.
Tip 2: Make Your Story Stand Out
Once you understand that storytelling is important, you should find the right story for your brand. This is the biggest challenge for most entrepreneurs, because there are many ways you can go here. Nevertheless, there are some the key moments or characteristics – something you can abbreviate as SPUTE – that you must absolutely include, and they are as follows:
- Simplicity: The story of your brand must simple and easy to understand. There is no need to make it complicated, because most of your customers will probably be usual people who would like to associate themselves with nothing to extraordinary. Likewise, a simple story is easier to tell!
- Personality: As much as simplicity is pivotal, personality should be as prominent if not more. You must show that you are not a heartless corporation that only cares about money. On the contrary, displaying your human characteristics will let your audience see themselves in you and your brand.
- Uniqueness: Simple does not necessarily mean plain or usual. Your story should be unique. It must offer a reason for your brand’s existence, inform people about your aim and values. Find your voice and style, and show that they are worth being loved and admired.
- Trustworthiness: This has already been mentioned before, but it’s never bad to stress it yet again. Trust is what makes people attracted to what you are doing. Always show that you can be relied on.
- Engagement: Online presence can only be increased if you motivate them to respond to your efforts. Engage with your audience in every way possible and your brand will grow. Social media platforms are the best way to do this. Ask people to share your story, encourage them to comment and reply to their questions. Instagram and Facebook are known to be some of the best platforms to start with. You can also consider Youtube to display the practical benefits of your products or services.
Tip 3: Use Additional Tools
In case you are not sure that you will be able to convey the story of your brand, there are some really helpful resources and services as well as additional tools that will do the job for you! These programs and apps have been developed and are run by the experts of their sphere, so you can be sure that they will all be the best in their jobs. Here are some you should definitely consider checking out:
- Trust My Paper: If you are looking to have your texts professionally written, look no further than Trust My Paper. This is a trusted service that has completed thousands of assignments.
- Grammarly: Some texts that you write yourself (e.g. short product descriptions) don’t require professional writers, but need to be checked nonetheless. Grammarly will let you insert the text and assist you in editing it.
- Google Docs: Google Docs are the perfect app if you use multiple devices and are constantly on-the-go. You will be able to access your texts at any time and any place.
- Adobe Photoshop: To make your products look attractive, you can edit the images in Photoshop as long as you do not alter their essence too much.
- Instagram and Facebook: Social media platforms are crucial for engaging with your audiences. Instagram and Facebook are the two most popular ones.
Finally, it is important to note that all three tips above are the foundation that you must base your further plan on. They must be the three columns that will create the best image for your brand and assist you in developing your own voice in the online business industry. Never forget that there are infinite opportunities open to you nowadays and that you should make use of every single one that you deem usable.
In conclusion, adapt these practices as your own and your online presence will grow. These are guaranteed ways to increase your sales and make your brand what you want it to be – successful.