For brands to maintain relevance and connect with more customers, they rely heavily on content marketing. Content is anything you produce, post, or publish on your website and other online platforms. With the right content marketing strategy, you’re sure to boost your customer engagement this 2022.
Is There Anything New for Content Marketing This 2022?
Like any marketing strategy, content marketing changes and matches the demands of the times. This 2022, content marketing focuses on the six types of content marketing tactics.
Knowing these strategies can help you decide which type will work best in sending your message across. These strategies vary in content, target market, and budget.
Social Media Content
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are staples of our daily lives. Not only do we communicate using these platforms, but we also use these to get timely and reliable information about different brands, products, services, etc.
Almost everyone with a smartphone and an internet connection has access to social media. According to the latest Statista report, there are over four billion active social media users around the world. This is why businesses like yours should never overlook social media content marketing.
Social media content marketing will continue to prevail in 2022 and the years to come. Platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Snapchat will remain marketing favorites. Features such as short videos, live videos, stories, and photo carousels are just some of the best social media content marketing tools to try this year.
Benefits of Social Media Content Marketing
- Easy access
- Free sign-up
- Brand awareness optimization
- Direct connection between marketers and customers
- Useful demographics for creating optimized marketing content
Some Social Media Content Tips
- Share your product line or service offers on your social media accounts.
- Show the different ways customers can use your products.
- Create a lively, colorful, and unique profile that depicts your customers and brand.
- Use engaging images, videos, video shorts, and photos.
- Experiment with different fonts, styles, and ppt templates.
Blogging is inbound content that showcases your creativity. You can post almost any content on your blog, not just text content. It can feature posts related to your products or service or those that promote your brand.
Blog marketing in 2022 will focus on creative and helpful content. As more and more people subscribe to blogs, marketers will use this platform to connect and engage with their audience. You can start a blog to promote your business.
Add links from authoritative sites to your blog to make your content more relevant. Connect your blog to your social media accounts for improved exposure.
You can create engaging blog content with the help of a professional, says Marina Turea, the content expert at Digital Authority Partners. An expert can research the right keywords, use SEO tactics, and create unique content to optimize your website.
Benefits of Blogging
- It can drive more traffic to your business website.
- You can share blog posts on your social media accounts.
- It converts your blog traffic to real-time leads.
- You can use your blog posts for link building.
Some Tips for Blogging
- Use your blog to announce company news and other relevant events related to your business.
- Add social media sharing buttons for easy sharing of your content.
- Blog about product reviews, comparison reviews, how-tos, and other helpful information.
- Use SEO to optimize your blog posts.
With infographics, you can display information in easy-to-read and easy-to-understand formats. Infographics make explanations easier. You can also deliver your content more easily, especially with instructions, statistical data, and other complex topics.
This year, marketing infographics will be more popular than ever. Organizations, such as businesses, government agencies, universities, and healthcare providers, will use it.
Benefits of Infographics
- They are easy to share because of their appealing nature.
- They make it easier to digest information.
- They can help increase brand awareness.
- They can add visual effects to a blog or a company website.
Some Tips for Creating Infographics
- Always start by defining your audience and with thorough research.
- Check market research, online resources, and quotes. Give credit.
- Always have fresh topics at hand.
Podcasts can be about any topic. You can produce them daily, weekly, twice a week, etc. It’s a versatile form of content that’s becoming more popular, especially for younger generations. So many businesses use podcasts to connect to their customers and promote their brands, services, and products.
Benefits of Using Podcasts
- They create more personal content.
- They are more affordable than other types of content.
- They are easy to consume and convenient to listen to.
- They are on-demand marketing content.
- They can connect listeners to your social media platforms, websites, and other online avenues.
Some Tips for Using Podcasts for Content Marketing
- Research on a unique topic for your podcast.
- Record your podcast episode and edit it.
- Create a website for your podcasts.
- Create a promotion technique for your podcasts.
Video Marketing Content
Video marketing continues to be one of the best and the most productive marketing strategies in 2022. Statista reveals that there will be more than three billion digital video viewers all over the world in 2021, and this number is expected to grow.
Brands have realized the value of video content marketing, and over $61 billion online video ad spend worldwide was reported in 2021. Video marketing is engaging, entertaining, and versatile. You can also share your videos on your social media platforms, blog sites, and company websites.
Benefits of Video Content Marketing
- It helps grow revenue.
- It makes you rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs)
- You can use video to influence customer buying decisions.
- Video helps you get more backlinks.
Some Tips for Creating Video Content
- Use your videos to tell a story.
- Engage your viewers at the start of your videos.
- Always end with a call to action (CTA).
- Improve video production quality.
Use these strategies to create engaging content. Great content will help you reach out to your target audience, improve conversions, and increase revenue. Start content marketing by discovering the content your audience likes, which will match your business goals. You’re ready to grow your business with the right content marketing strategy.