For any possible economy, the transportation sector is more like a nervous system. It is one medium that will connect industries and facilitate the movement of goods, people, and products from one source to another. Some recent studies have shown that around 95% of the manufactured items at one point within the supply chain are likely to be transported in a container.
Even after being proven to be a critical part of the industrial ecosystem, there are multiple challenges that the logistics and transportation firms are facing right now. Right from the long duration idling to ineffective fuel consumption, there are various factors affecting the current operations of fleet management. So, that wastes around billion of dollars for the firm. For example, the truck congestion in the traffic will waste around $28 billion per year.
The use of GPS tracker:
At this point, the iot GPS tracker will enable the fleet firms to solve these issues. The integration of specialty-built sensors and the onboard diagnostics systems will transform the conventional trucks into those moving data transmitting vehicles. This information, as shared by the truck, will allow the operator or the fleet manager to monitor the truck’s health remotely along with other parameters, which might affect the smooth delivery of the items.
The advanced telematics capabilities associated with IoT will form some major features that any modern-day fleet might use. Checking out the benefits associated with GPS vehicle tracking is important. It will let you know how your fleet of vehicles is getting help from this modern technology.
Improved customer value and service:
GPS fleet-based tracking system will help the firms to provide timely delivery of the task in a rather cost-effective manner.
- It helps in preparing strategic plans to add more shipments daily.
- Such additions will result in quicker services to the customers out there.
- On the other hand, they can also update customers during the delay or reschedule cargo shipments.
- It will focus on the increased rate of customer satisfaction around here for sure.
Reducing the level of desk jobs:
With the help of IoT GPS tracking services in the fleet, you will not just help the fleet firm to reduce costs related to fleet management, but it is also associated with irrelevant administrative operations.
- The real-time based alert system will prevent the operators from being stuck towards the screen 24 x 7 for monitoring the truck’s live location.
- It will reduce the desk job for all the fleet handlers and also focus on other major tasks out there.
Mitigating the thefts is another major benefit to follow:
Trucks are always held responsible for moving volatile and expensive compounds. If the trucks carry valuable items, thieves always think of creative ideas to steal them. For example, the oil tankers that carry petroleum items are the most common targets. There are some instances when the truck drivers are also associated with the robbery of valuable products.
- With real-time monitoring of the IoT GPS tracking system, fleet firms can track the truck’s location all the time.
- Thanks to multiple attached sensors on the trucks’ trailers, the firms can always measure the bulk of the cargo as being transported.
- It will allow the firms to keep a close watch on the location of the trucks along with the route taken by the same.
- On the other hand, if the data is well stored in cloud drive, the firms can use the same for tracking back the path that truck driver took with the duration of the visit when theft is suspected.
Now for the cost analysis:
The data, as collected from the truck, will be stored and then analyzed through advanced data processing and analytics software. It is necessary for fleet businesses to use this information for developing some useful insights associated with cost estimation and resource optimization.
It helps in reducing the current fuel consumption and will identify those vehicles in need of some maintenance. Moreover, IoT GPS tracking can eliminate all the bad habits that a driver might possess and cut down the major attributes resulting in unwanted costing.
Preventing any form of the accident:
Drivers are always the major resource when it comes to transportation or logistics business. So, ensuring their safety and driving behavior is of paramount importance. The modernized onboard diagnostic systems are now well embedded with the behavioral monitoring systems. It will allow the fleet managers to track down the driver’s behavior, patterns, and habits while transporting goods.
The IoT GPS tracking will help out the fleet managers to reduce the probability of any accidents on the road and will warn the drivers in case they end up driving rashly.
So, make sure to get hold of such a GPS driving tracking device now! The more you research, the better points keep coming your way for now.